Rob Provost is founder and owner of Grand Slam Fly Fishing Destinations, LLC. With well over 20 years of fly fishing experience ranging from New England to New Zealand, Rob has been fly fishing in saltwater (most notably Hawaii and the Caribbean) for almost a decade. He retired as a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Air Force after 20 years on active duty. Rob was the featured guest on the 2004 episode of Hawaii Sportsman TV, entitled "Bones on the Fly" - where he was one of the very first to introduce locals and the business/vacation traveller alike to the pursuit of Hawaiian bonefish on the fly. He is a lifetime member of Trout Unlimited and regularly gives educational presentations on fly fishing in Alaska, Hawaii, New Zealand and other world-renowned destinations. His most recent presentation, entitled "Bonefishing in Paradise: Fly-fishing for Bonefish in the Hawaiian Islands" can be seen in Destination Theater at select venues of The Fly Fishing Show, and upon request. Fly fishing is one of his many passions, along with drumming, golf, tennis, wine ... and (most importantly) his beautiful wife, Cindy.
Grand Slam Fly Fishing Destinations, LLC is the culmination of a life-long endeavor to combine friends, fly fishing, travel, and fish. Friends - We welcome the opportunity to bring people together from all over the world in a relaxing setting to build both new and lasting friendships. Fly fishing - We eagerly introduce fly fishing to the novice, and passionately share a love for this sport and a compilation of angling skills and techniques with the experienced veteran. Travel - We carefully select our trips from some of the most famous and picturesque
fly fishing destinations in the world. Fish - When the end of the day or trip arrives, we sit back and collectively marvel at the fantastic natural resource we are blessed to Catch and Release and preserve... the trout, salmon, bonefish and other tremendous game fish of this great planet. And, of course, we gather to share a few fish stories...
Wishing you light winds, drag-free drifts, tight loops ... and even tighter lines,
- We do all the research and leg work for you.
- We do not offer a destination until we have personally fished the water and been hosted by the guide service or outfitter
- We get you on the water during peak season for the targeted species
- We guarantee the best value for your money.
- You cannot beat our trip price booking directly with the guide service or outfitter
- We offer the ultimate package: world-class fishing, gourmet-quality food, and
- We pride ourselves on customer service and attention to detail.
- A Grand Slam Fly Fishing Destinations representative personally accompanies every hosted trip
- Group size generally ranges between 8 and 12 anglers -- non-fishing guests are welcome at most destinations
- We value both the annual fishing trip to that favorite location and the excitement of exploring something new.
- Hosted trips typically last between 3 and 5 full days of fishing
- From year to year, some destinations remain constant while others rotate
Advantages of a Hosted Trip
- Customer Service: our personalized service starts during the trip planning phase, reaches its pinnacle during your trip and continues long after we've fished together
- Customization: we can tailor a trip to meet your specific needs, schedule and budget
- Expertise: we provide you with up-to-date, first-hand knowledge of the water you are fishing -- equalled only by the guides who live and work there
- Specialization: unlike standard booking agents, we carefully screen, select and offer only ONE lodge or outfitter for each destination or region
- Value: the additional services included in a hosted trip come at no additional cost to you
- More Posts